With less than four months left, we are quite busy planning a wedding and working on making our RV our new soon to be home.
Here is a list of what we’ve done so far:
- Replaced the old carpet.
- Flushed all the water systems.
- Scrubbed inside and outside of the RV (we never knew that gasoline was such a great cleaning fluid for when it comes to taking off stickers and tape from the outside haha).
- Replaced the old water tank adapter with a new one.
- Resealed and re-caulked outside walls and roof.
- Replaced cabinet door handles with more modern ones. (Even though this is such a small change it made a big difference.)
- Re-stained a few cabinets.
Here is what we need to do:
- The RV didn’t come with an air conditioning unit, this isn’t necessarily a bad thing because we can now add a smaller AC that we would like to have and therefore will be able to run off a smaller generator when needed. However we will need to install it at some point here soon.
- Add a new awning.
- Add a generator.
- Add extra battery(s). (The camper came with one, but we’d like to add at least one more.)
- Cover exposed black and gray water tanks. Both tanks are under the RV and easily accessible to me, AND the cold wind in the winters. I’d like to cover them up somehow to prevent them from freezing next winter.
- Add solar panels to roof.
Any advice that someone could give us on truck camper air conditioning units would be much appreciated.